World Soil Day (WSD) is held annually on 5 December as a means to focus attention on the importance of healthy soil and to advocate for the sustainable management of soil resources. World Soil Day (WSD) "Keep soil alive, protect soil biodiversity", is the United Nations Observance that celebrates healthy soils for a healthy life.
The event record can be accessible by the link on social media.
Welcoming speech was made by Osnat Lubrani, UN Resident & Humanitarian Coordinator, Mara Lopes, FAO Ukraine Head of Office, and moderated by Mr. Mikhail Malkov, FAO Government and Donor Liaison Expert in Ukraine.
In the event participated:
- Taras Vysotsky, Deputy Minister of Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture
- Lucrezia Caon, Land and Water Officer of the Global Soil Partnership, FAO
- Anatolii Miroshnychenko, First Deputy Head of the State Service of Ukraine for Geodesy, Cartography and Cadastre
- Igor Yatsuk, Head of the State Institution «Institute for Soil Protection of Ukraine»
- Yuriy Dmytruk, Head of Department of Soil Science of the Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University
- Larysa Bondarenko, Executive director of the Association Ukrainian Soil Partnership
- Petro Melnyk, Executive director of the Agricom Group
- Moderator: Oksana Davis, GEF Project Coordinator at FAO Ukraine.